Friday, September 17, 2010

Who's listening to you?

The lyrics below are from the song "Children Will Listen" from the broadway show Into the Woods. I love this musical. And I love this song. Sondheim is a genius, and you can tell from the lyrics and music from his shows! I just finished listening to the soundtrack, and just thought I'd share my two cents worth on this closing idea about fairytales and how to raise a child and all the other themes presented in the show. Children DO listen. So what are you telling the kids in your life? Just some food for thought.


Children Will Listen
Careful the things you say
Children will listen
Careful the things you do
Children will see and learn
Children may not obey, but children will listen
Children will look to you for which way to turn
To learn what to be
Careful before you say "Listen to me"
Children will listen

Careful the wish you make 
Wishes are children
Careful the path they take
Wishes come true, not free
Careful the spell you cast
Not just on children
Sometimes the spell may last
Past what you can see
And turn against you
Careful the tale you tell
That is the spell
Children will listen

No comments:

Post a Comment